Oeuvres choisies... traduites pour la première fois en français... Tome premier [-second].

St Petersburg, chez Fd. Bellizard et Cie; Paris, Au comptoir des Imprimeurs-unis, 1847.

2 vols. bound in one, 8vo, pp. xii, 400; viii, 387; some light spotting, but a very good copy in recent half morocco, spine lettered gilt, top edges gilt, with all the original printed wrappers bound in.

£2500

Approximately:
US $3334€2855

Make an enquiry

First collected edition of Pushkin in French, preceded in French translation only by some individual poems and stories, and a translation of The Queen of Spades in 1843. This is one of the earliest major collections of Pushkin to appear outside Russia.

The selection includes Eugene Onegin, Boris Godunov, The Fountain of Bakhchisarai, Ruslan and Liudmila, A Prisoner of the Caucasus, The Robber Brothers, The Gypsies, Count Nulin, Little House in Kolomna, Poltava, Angelo, The Bronze Horseman, The Stone Guest, and many poems and short prose pieces.

OCLC cites copies at Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, London Library, Nice, and Biblioteca Nacional Madrid.

You may also be interested in...

[LITURGY WITH MUSICAL NOTATION.]

MISSAL, with readings and music for the 18th, 19th and 20th Sundays after Pentecost; a partial bifolium and a single leaf (text of first leaf of bifolium and single leaf continuous), vellum, double columns of 28 lines written in two sizes of an angular late romanesque liturgical script, dark brown ink, ruled with a hard point, initials in blue, green and red, rubrics in red, neumes on a single stave traced in red; recovered from a binding and with consequent creasing and staining, outer column of second leaf of bifolium cropped, a few small holes, one initial (‘D’) filled with a Renaissance doodle of strapwork and a putto’s head, generally in good condition and almost entirely legible. The first leaf measures 290 x 227 mm (260 x 175 mm)

The fine angular script and elegantly simple initials are typical of Cistercian manuscripts, although the absence of punctus flexus punctuation precludes a more definitive Cistercian attribution.

Read more

BRENET, Albert.

Aeromaritime.

In the 1930s, commercial aviation was in its infancy in Africa. The French colonists decided to pioneer an air service, Aeromaritime, to enhance the existing maritime links between Senegal and the Congo, under the auspices of the Compagnie des Chargeurs Réunis, a shipping company, which subsequently leveraged the existing African commercial infrastructure. Launched on the Dakar to Pointe Noire coastline using amphibious planes such as that featured here, the efficacy of the project was significantly impeded by matters of sheer distance (more than 6000km), climate and rainforests. An interesting souvenir of the French colonial era in Africa.

Read more