530 x 680 mm, coloured aquatint.
US $1088 €966
Added to your basket:
View of Bayonne, taken from the sand hills on the left of the Adour, when occupied by the British forces on the 12 of March 1814, by Lieutenant George B. Willis, of the Royal Artillery. Dedicated with permission to the Rt. Hon. Earl Mulgrave, Master General of the Ordnance, &c. &c. &c. This print is intended to commemorate the illustrious return of Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington, and that proud period, when after a glorious career of victory, and the deliverance of Spain and Portugal by British valour and perseverance, the English standard was planted before the walls of Bayonne, and the legitimate sovereign of France recalled to add his seal to the general peace of Europe!
On his return from the Peninsular campaign, Wellington first took his seat in the House of Lords and was officially welcomed by the Queen at Buckingham House on 28 June, four days after the publication of this tribute by Edward Orme.
Ogilby 680 .
You may also be interested in...
SWIFTIANA [TORBUCK, John].
A Collection of Welsh Travels and Memoirs of Wales. Containing I. The Briton Describ’d, or a Journey thro’ Wales: Being a pleasant Relation of D__n S___t’s Journey to that ancient Kingdom … II. A Trip to North Wales, by a Barrister of the Temple. III. A Funeral Sermon, preach’d by the Parson of Langwillin. IV. Muscipila; or the Welsh Mouse-Trap, a Poem. The Whole collected by J. T. a mighty Lover of Welsh Travels.
First edition of this compilation of whimsical works about Wales, reissued and published as though under the auspices of Swift.
PRINTED FOR THE CHANNEL ISLANDS AND THE SAVOY [BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER.]
La Liturgie. C’est a dire, le formulaire des Prieres publiques, de l’Administrations des Sacreman; at des autre Ceremonies … avec le Pseautier, ou les Pseaumes de David …
First edition of this translation, printed for the use of ‘toutes les Eglisses Paroissiales & dans les Chapelles de Isles de Jersey, Guernsey, & autres Isles adjacentes’, as well as for the French congregation at the Savoy in London.