Bernard Quaritch Ltd., dealers in rare book and manuscripts since 1847, is looking for a part-time administrator to join our small and friendly team.
About the role
We are seeking an office administrator to handle the day-to-day administrative needs of the company. The role is part time, approx. 20–25 hours per week, working flexible hours within our opening hours of Monday–Friday 9am–6pm. The role is based at our premises in Bloomsbury.
- Coordinate office operations to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the company.
- General clerical duties as needed, including data entry, filing, document preparation, accurate record-keeping.
- Act as point of contact for utilities suppliers and other support staff, liaising by phone and email, as well as in person.
- Manage and maintain inventory of office supplies, including stationery, sanitary supplies, kitchen essentials, and office equipment.
- Manage company correspondence, including phone calls, emails, letters, and packages.
- Oversee company events, assisting with planning and coordination.
- Keep track of shared diary and calendar, monitoring staff rota.
- Assist colleagues with administrative tasks where necessary, providing support for ad hoc projects.
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working by yourself and managing your own workflow and responsibilities
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable using basic office IT software (MS Office)
- Fluent/native English, both spoken and written
- Right to work in the UK
- Previous experience as an office administrator, office assistant, or other relevant role
Previous experience of office administration is preferred; experience of working in the rare books field is not. Any industry-specific training will be provided as required. For more details on the role, please see here.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a short cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Administrator Job Application’. Deadline for applications is 31st January 2024.